Putting down your complete academic experience in words to compose a college essay is not an easy job. It may be even more difficult if you do not know, from where to start and what to write so that the reader stays hooked to your content. Well if you are really confused and can’t find a way right now, we are here to help. We are going to provide some good hooks for your essay so that you may begin with a good introduction and manage to compose a great college essay to impress your admission officer.
5 Tips to Write a Great College Essay to Hook Your Reader
Check out these five really important tips to help you succeed in your ambition.
- Narrow Down Your Ideas: Narrow down your thoughts about what you exactly want to write so that your true self is portrayed through your writing. Just try to jot down the main achievements of your life so far then elaborate on those points.
- Start With First-Person: Try to start the story in first-person narrative so that the reader may get more involved with it. Share everything in full detail along with the emotions attached with that particular moment.
- Be Sensible: Try to be sensible and avoid wring down an essay of more than 500 words. Your reader may get bored reading a very long essay and usually will not devote more than a few minutes to go through your essay. A very long essay may have a negative effect on the mind of the reader.
- Add Adjectives: Try to involve your reader as much as you can with your writing. The best way to do this is by using adjectives to describe all the moments in detail so that the reader may connect and get a vivid picture of the moment you want to describe through words.
- Connect Emotionally: Try to write your story in a thoughtful and meaningful way. Try to be as honest as possible and do not exaggerate anything, so that the reader may find an emotional attachment with your work. People usually respect an author’s honest thoughts and opinions and may engage more with your content.
With these five tips you are sure to succeed in your ambition of writing a good college essay to hook your reader. We would be really happy if you find these tips to be useful. Don’t forget to share your feedback with us.