No matter how healthy you are, there comes an age where everyone gets ageing, dark spots, wrinkles and fine lines. The most prominent problems among these are age spots. Age spots are seen on the body parts that are exposed to the sun and these are caused by the excess of production of melanin. Other causes are skin ageing, sun exposure, and UV rays exposure. These age spots cause no pain or irritation and sometimes they subside within a few years. Age spots are also called liver spots.
How to cure liver spots on hands?
We usually cover our faces with stole whenever we expose ourselves to sun but the hands are always exposed to the scorching sun which makes it go through everything. Here are a few ways to cure the liver spots if your hand is suffering from one.
- Medical help: Do see a dermatologist if you see some age spots on your hands to be confirm that the reason is ageing and not some other skin disease. If the reason is ageing the doctor can prescribe any aging hand cream that might fade away the spot. The cream will not permanently remove the spot but will definitely try to fade it. These creams usually take a few months to show their effects, thus, doctors generally recommend bleaching creams.
- Laser treatment: Laser treatment is a kind of beauty treatment. In this process light is passed through the skin to break the melanin. This can instantly clear your spot and you would not need to apply those creams for months. Since the results are shown immediately it obviously costs a lot. So only if you can afford it, this option is for you.
- Chemical peelings: There are various peels available in the market. We can apply them and it might remove acne spots and wrinkles. Before the use of these peels a few precautions are to be taken. After the usage you should not get exposed to the sun.
- Cryosurgery: It uses liquid nitrogen which has a temperature -346 to – 320 degree Fahrenheit which destroys the cells of the liver spots. There is no guarantee that it would not destroy the nearby cells.
- Dermabrasion or Microdermabrasion: A beauty tool known as derma rollers is a tool with a roller and a handle. This roller has very tiny thorns on its surface. You need to gently roll it over the skin; it might redden the skin for sometime. You also need to repeat it twice or thrice to get the spot removed. When you roll the derma roller, it damages the upper layer of dead skin cells, this eventually helps to regenerate new skin cells. You also need to avoid exposure to the sun because the newly formed skin is very sensitive to sun.
this therapy is a quite intense because the new feeble skin is very sensitive and you need to stay indoors for a few months, also the result is not visible in one sitting so you need to visit the doctor frequently.
Also Check : Hand Cream review